Quodlibet

n. 14th century Latin "whatever pleases" 1: whatever

Friday, April 06, 2007

anniversary


Today is the commemoration of Jesus' death on the cross, an anniversary of sorts. It is also the 2-week anniversary of dear 3-year old Jonathan's passing from this present life into eternity. I was finding it difficult to get into the right frame of mind for Good Friday and Easter until I came across this lent blog by some folks in Glasgow, Scotland.

And then I came across this poem that really struck a chord as I think about those who have had to deal with death and sorrow in recent times...

Omagh
by Jimmy McPhee, April 6th, 2007

A day
can seem like a lifetime
a moment like a year
hopes and dreams
contained and lost
in one exploding tear

Caught
in the freeze frame
moving in Slo - Mo
another imagined
retrospective scenario

When those loved
more than life
do not survive
the deepest wound
is the hurt
of being alive
to stand beneath
a willow tree
and weep aloud
lost in grief
wandering market street
among the crowd

Caught
in the freeze frame
moving in Slo - Mo
another imagined
retrospective scenario.


Because of what Jesus did on Good Friday, we can rejoice that God's children, too, have conquered death. For those of us left to mourn, the grieving process continues. May Jesus continue to heal and restore.

posted by jacqui_woo at 9:38 am

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts

  • In Toronto at the moment. It's been a restless day...
  • winter rears its ugly head...but I'm not (yet) com...
  • My Non-Vow of Near Silence
  • gongxigongxi
  • san neen fai lok
  • radical christianity - tribute to MLK
  • diamond song (again)
  • song from the 80s
  • Global warning
  • last days...

Powered by Blogger